Rose Scent Tilda blackboard

Hi there Magnolia friends. How is your week treating you? Are you back at work yet after your holidays? My hubby went back today and the boys and I are finding it a bit odd. It was lovely being home all together. I dont go back to work til the 11th so I have another week up my sleeve with the kids. 

I have something a bit fun to share with you today. I found a kraft frame at my local craft store for an absolute steel. I had a few different ideas to play with it, but last night I was rummaging though my stash and found these cute chippie gates from Dusty Attic and the light bulb went off. 


I painted the back of the frame with Black Gesso. Apparently it creates a nice base to be used as a black board. I've not tried it out yet but I'll let you know how it goes. The rest of the frame I base coated with white Gesso, then painted it in grey acrylic paint and then used a piece of nylon lace as a mask and dabbed on some more white Gesso to create the textured lace pattern and give it a bit of a shabby look. I love getting messy with paint :) The cute little gates were painted with silver acrylic paint.


The cute little resin bird house is by Prima. The clouds and tree branches are both cut using Doo Hickey dies. I sprayed some cheese cloth with some pale blue mist to give it a bit of a blue hue. 


All of the flowers and the pearl garland are from Wild Orchid Crafts


And here is the finished product! Doesn't little Rose Scent Tilda look adorable sitting there in her garden? She is coloured with Copics and I experimented a bit with the combo for her hair... I tried Y 28, E 55, YR 20, Y 23 and E 50. Her little jumpsuit is coloured with RV 95, 34, 32, 10, 000, the rose is BV 25, V 20 and BV 000.

I would like to enter some challenges:
Paper Sundaes - Something old (Dusty Attic gates) Something New (frame)
Simon Says Stamp - Anything Goes
Magnolialicious Highlites - Anything Goes


Well that is it from me today. I hope to have a few more things to share with you soon.
Until then, have a great day!
K

Comments

  1. WOw this is absolutely gorgeous as always xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. How absolutley fun and creative this is Kylie! Love how you created the lace around the frame with the gesso. Your coloring is perfect! Beautifully framed with the gates and flowers...thanks for joining in the Magnolia-licious Highlites challenge this month...hugs...Barb

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is just lovely. You made a sweet little scene. Love it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. ahhhh always, always---- beautiful!!! LOVE it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. wanted to say happy new year
    wonderful job here
    http://laracroft3.skynetblogs.be
    http://lunatic.skynetblogs.be

    ReplyDelete
  6. All so GORGEOUS!! You dId a fantastic job on this frame! Awesome colorIng too!
    Hugs, Cathy-Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow this is stunning!!!
    hugs Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great job...once again... I would love a tutorial of how you color faces with copics...please!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Absolutely stunning project and such a wonderful idea, love it.
    Lindsay xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh wow Kylie, what a great project, love all the ideas you put into this one! Hugs, Frea

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, this is stunning, absolutely gorgeous!
    Helen x

    ReplyDelete
  12. An absolutely beautiful project, I like everything about it!!
    Kevin xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Pure magnificence! Love this gorgeous scene/frame you created for this adorable Tilda!
    Such amazing creativity!

    ReplyDelete
  14. wow this is beautiful Kylie. Enjoy your week off, I have to return on Thursday and not looking forward to it!!
    x

    ReplyDelete
  15. OMG it's a fantastic creation such a beauty !
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh my goodness Kylie this is just so lovely how very pretty hugs rebekah xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Absolut fantastic, gosh.
    Hugs, Yvon

    ReplyDelete
  18. OMG Hunni this is incredible!! Oh I'm getting on a plane to steal it LOL!!! Stunning details - love the lace masking - so clever! and the delicate blue cheesecloth and such gorgeous flower colours! I love it (can you tell LOL)! hugs, Jane xxx

    ReplyDelete
  19. OMG! This is absolutely stunning! You have so many gorgeous details, especially the gates!
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh my goodness Kylie, this is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oh Kylie you even out did yourself on this one! I think this is just adorable and I would love it either as a blackboard or to put a picture of my beautiful Grandaughters in! Just love this, it is stunning! GREAT JOB!
    Crafty Hugs,
    Pendra

    ReplyDelete
  22. oh Kylie...this is stunning and I don't know how I missed it!!! LOL.......
    What a great idea dear.. You never seem to run short on being creative!!
    hugs.........

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Hi! I'd love to hear what you think of my creations. Please leave a comment or ask any questions.