09 December 2011

On the ninth day of Christmas....

hehehe - yeeessss.... still painting!  A canvas this time! 

I saw this cute Santa canvas on a blog and I had to have a go! It was so easy too, I couldn't believe it.  I did cheat however... I used adhesive book covering, and copied the image onto the grid on the backing paper, cut it out with my **new** Ingvild Bolme comfort grip craft knife and stuck the stencil down onto the canvas so I could slap that silver paint around without a care. 


Oh - and YES - I adore my new Ingvild Bolme craft knife. It is super sharp, super easy to cut with, and I'm a lefty so I was a bit hesitant as to how the grip would go for me, it has a spare blade in the handle. It has to be one of my favourite purchases this month :o) I've ordered something else funky and new too... but I'll wait until it arrives to tell you about it. I love new craft tools, hehehe.

See you tomorrow.
Hugs x

9 comments:

  1. Kylie this turned out really amazing. I love that Santa's jolly face. Im a lefty too and find some craft tools like craft knives and scissors very frustrating! You'd think left handed people were a rarity!! Surely there are enough of us to cater craft tools to our little left hands, lol! Lee xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow this is so amazing... I can see why you wanted one too...So cool..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks lovely! Well done.

    groetjes, Ellen

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow - this is awesome!!
    Love it, it's so striking.
    Hugs
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. great job!!! adorable... :) ohhh crafts to your new coming tools... im accepting super old tools.. hihih

    ReplyDelete
  6. So gorgeous Kylie.

    Hugs Riet.xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yep, I can see why you wanted this... so cool! I'm also a lefty, you know they say we are more creative!!!
    Crafty Hugs,
    Pendra

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great Job Kylie, love this. Hugs Frea

    ReplyDelete

Hi! I'd love to hear what you think of my creations. Please leave a comment or ask any questions.