Whiff of Joy Challenge #94

Hi!! This post is packed full of info and is pretty long... so please bear with me!

I have some exciting news to share with you to start with! I made it onto the Design Team for Whiff of Joy Challenges! I am so pleased to be joining in with such gorgeous and talented girls :o) Thank you so much for choosing me ladies!   Today is my first time joining in with the challenges and it is also our last one for this year. And it is a really great sketch to play with by Kim.

I decided to have a go at something that I've not done in a looooong time - distressing! Oh, and guess what? hehehe, its not a Christmas card either - its a birthday card for a lovely bloggy friend of mine.  This friend is quite fond of pink and green and also the shabby/vintage distresssed style (Have you guessed who you are yet?? lol), so I wanted to try and keep with that style. The image is Willow Writing Recipes. I love this stamp :) Willow looks like she is deep in thought, which is sooo perfect for this friend as she is very insightful.

Oh, yesss... I'd better show you the card, I seem to be in a bit of a chatty mood today, lol.


The sentiment is General Sayings and I've stamped it on some scrap DP to match the card and put it in a cute little silver frame which I've painted in Distress Crackle Paint "Tattered Rose". The lovely rosey papers are new from Kaisercraft "English Rose" collection. I've also used the last of my beautiful 2.5" cotton bobbin lace. Note to self... find MORE!!! I love that lace. And I've stapled it on with some pink jumbo ric rak as well. Ok, you have until the 4th to enter this great challenge :)

Did you know that you can get 20% off your order at Whiff of Joy at the moment? Just use the code on the coupon below and click on the coupon to be taken directly to the Whiff of Joy Store!


Have you seen Katharina's blog recently? She is hosting a Whiff of Joy advent calendar with daily prizes to be won!! If you haven't been there yet... what are you waiting for?


And last but certainly not least, lol, there is a fabulous Whiff of Joy Christmas blog hop happening on the 17th. It starts at Katharina's blog and ends at the Whiff of Joy Inspirations blog.... it is an event not to be missed so please keep an eye out...


**And finally, don't forget to enter my CANDY ---- Click HERE**


Some challenges to enter with this card are:
Cute card Thursday - Floral Frenzy!
Cutie Sunday - everything - but no christmas!
Craft your Days Away - Punch It
Fun with Shapes - Scallops
Paper Romance - Heavy Metal
Sew Many Challenges - Flower Power

Comments

  1. What a beautiful card. Nice colours.

    Hugs Astrid.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous colors and design, one lucky lady on her birthday.Beautiful card.
    Luv CHRISSYxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hui Kylie, love that card, I too love that shabby chic look! Greetz, Frea

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Kylie! This is such a pretty card! The image is adorable and I love how you colored this little cutie! Gorgeous papers and embellies too!
    Wishing you a wonderful Christmas time!
    Hugs,
    Silvie
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG Blonde this is sooo gorgeous!! Absolutly beautiful colours and dp and your colouring is breathtaking!! So glad you made the challenge dt, cant wait to see your inspiring work each fortnight.
    Kristy xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your card Kylie!! Love the colouring and the papers.. All goes so well together!! Congrats on making WOJ design team!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is really gorgeous.. I love everything about. The color tones, the distressing, the image and colouring.. .lace.. and the lovely flowers..

    Thanks for playing along with us at Sew Many Cards Challenge. Please join us again next week.
    hugs... Annie

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful card love the pink and green together, congratulations on your new DT with Whiff of joy stamps.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow Kylie!
    I am so pleased for you being chosen on the Whiff of Joy challenge team. How exciting for you.
    No wonder...your card is gorgeous. I love every little detail. The colors are so lovely and that image is beautiful. Your coloring is fab.
    Perfect flower arrangement too.
    Hugs Maz

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh very beautiful card with so nice details !
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh Kylie, your dear friend is going to love your card with the gorgeous coloring, color combo, distressing and details!! What an awesome take on Kim's sketch!! You are mega talented. Congrats on the dt! I look forward to getting to know you and working with you as well.
    hugs,
    Chris

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous card, love the sweet image.
    luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi,
    WOW WOW WOW sooo wonderful card.

    Thanks for joining in at Cutie Sunday this time.

    Hugs
    Marushy

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a great colorcombo for your card Kylie! It's so sweet :-) And so many lovely embellies, that frame in particularly is beautiful.
    Hugs Ing

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a wonderful card!
    Thanks for playing by Cutie Sunday!

    Hugs
    Tina

    ReplyDelete
  16. Absolutely stunning card hun!!! She is one of my favourite images too! Love those papers and gorgeous details! great to have you on board! hugs, Jane xxx

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a gorgeous card.Thanks for sharing with us at CYDA.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  18. First off, congrats! What an honor to be chosen for the DT and it is much deserved. I love your work. This card is gorgeous. The distressing and the embellies...the coloring of the image...it's all wonderful. I can't ever seem to get that awesome highlight in their hair like you have. I am jealous! Looks like I need to go practice some more.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Kylie, it's gorgeous!
    Hugs
    Cordine

    ReplyDelete
  20. What gorgeous card and in such beautiful colours, love the flowers.
    Thank you for joining us over at Sew Many Cards.
    Hugs Linda

    ReplyDelete
  21. So beautiful card Kylie,I love the image and the colours.
    So gorgeous papers.

    Hugs Riet.x

    ReplyDelete
  22. congrats on the DT position Kylie, your card is so pretty and I love that lace too!! Gorgeous ♥

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hi Kylie! So nice to have you on a WOJ DT!! Your work is simply stunning and I just love your coloring! ♥ Looking forward to know you better. :)

    Hugs,
    Manuela

    ReplyDelete
  24. How beautiful your coloring is, Kylie! That's what I call a true talent! I guess other words of worship:) would be superfluous.
    Hugs,iulia

    ReplyDelete
  25. Oh this is very beautiful! Great detail :)

    Thanks for joining Paper Romance this week!

    Hugs,
    Sandra P

    ReplyDelete
  26. Hi

    wow, what a wonderful card.
    Thank you for playing Cutie Sunday.
    Hugs Nadine

    ReplyDelete
  27. I love this image :) Your card is amazing. Thanks for joining Cutie Sunday this week....

    Hugs
    Bella

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Hi! I'd love to hear what you think of my creations. Please leave a comment or ask any questions.