A little gift for you

**Don't forget to enter my CANDY ---- Click HERE**


Gosh - it is almost Christmas - less than a week to go! Do you have all of your shopping done? My husband and I went out this week while my Mum looked after the kids and we got everything done is two hours - by were we surprised.  All that is left is the food shopping.. but I haven't started thinking about what we will be eating yet. It is the first year ever that we will be spending the day at our own home - OMGoodness - it feels wonderful. The boys will be able to open their pressies from Santa and enjoy them without being rushed around. And I will be able to make Christmas dinner - a first for me! Really!

Anyway, on to my card :) It is the last challenge of the year at Magnolia Down Under Challenges and the theme this week is "A Gift for You". The challenge will run for three weeks instead of one, so the Design Team can have a little break. We will be back with some more fun challenges for you in the New Year, so keep your eyes open for January 9th.

I've used this cute little Tilda from the Winter Kit I received in the mail this week. I *think* the collection is called "You are So Special Collection 2011". I just love the cute stamps that have been release in this stamp club and I can't wait for the pre-orders to see what else is coming out.

I wanted to do something a little bit different so I used my Cricut and cut out a elongated label shape and scored it in half to create this cute little shape. I wanted Tilda to look like she was leaning out of the circle. All the edges are distressed and I made this cute little box to go with the card. My husband said it looks like a boat... well.. It wasn't supposed to!


Tilda was such a joy to colour. Really quick!


And because the card was a bit fancy in shape, I left the layout fairly simple on the outside, but thought it would be fun to jazz up the inside a bit :)


So you can see I've finally discovered my stapler! It is just fantastic for securing those bits of lace in place when you are making a card a bit on the distressed side.

And finally the back of the card.

I'm entering this card in the following challenges:
All That Scraps Magnolia Challenge #5 - create anything Magnolia
Cute Card Thursday - One for the Kids
Everybody Art - A Self made Present
Fun with Shapes - Get Scalloped
Paper Sundaes - Anything but Square or Rectangle
Stamp Something - Something with a Tag or Pocket

Comments

  1. Stunning!!!
    I had a giggle reading your post... I am in the same boat... I havent even started to think of the food for Christmas!!!! urrgggggg
    HUgs
    Tracy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, what a beautiful card and pressie. Love this new Tilda too!
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. A boat indeed! Silly men!! I love this gorgeous set Kylie - had noticed the latest addition of staples too.. love them!! I'm doing Christmas at home this year too - not my first, but first since the twins came along... they're going to love it!! 9 adults, 3 teens & 5 littlies.... that's as far as any planning has got hehe!!
    Have a fabulous day!! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh girl this is so ADORABLE!!!!!!!!!

    loving the whole project!!
    hugs sweetie and happy holidays to you!!!!!!!Janiel

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fantastic Kylie. You are getting great results with you cricur xxx
    love debbie xxx
    ps. MY MAGGIES HAVE ARRIVED !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous Kylie, love the papers and style, I've got the stamp and can't wait to use her lol, have a lovely Christmas and new year hun, hugs Liz xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a beautiful creation and a nice stamp.

    Hugs Astrid.

    ReplyDelete
  8. so sweet.
    there is going to be a very cute stamp to go along with this image :-)
    you will love it Kylie!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sure is a nice project Kylie and Tilda does indeed look as if she is leaning out of the circle.
    Merry Christmas Kylie!
    Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a stylish project! Beautiful stitching and lovely Tilda!
    Hugs, iulia

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful Kylie, your Tilda is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  12. A boat? O... men... Especially men with Dutch names... don't listen to them ;-)
    You've made a lovely giftset, well done! And I love the vintage touch. Yeah!
    Hugs Ing

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh these are both stunning Kylie!!! LOVE the gorgeous colour combo and the lace and ribbon are such a perfect choice! Gorgeous! hugs, Jane xxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh just a little something I made when I was sleeping, is what the title sounds like, hehe and MY god this is absolutely amazing, your colouring is gorgeous and I just love everything about it and now want to make that kind of shaped card, love the way tilda is sitting on it looking out!

    Hugs Kellie xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh Kylie! Your coloring is perfect.You make me want to go into debt and get a set of Copic markers. (I color with distress re-inkers)This is a fabulous image of Tilda and love how she is leaning out of the circle. You achieved the right effect. Lovely design.
    Hugs Maz

    ReplyDelete
  16. A beautiful card and your colouring is simply amazing! Jenny B

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautiful set, Kylie! Your coloring is gorgeous! Hugs, Cami

    ReplyDelete
  18. WHAT!!!!....I have to do food as well.OMG when does it ever stop.LOL...Gorgeous work as always, Ive learned not to hold my breath while reading the first part of your post [before I scroll] because I always take an intake of breath...then choke.I love your blog.
    Luv CHRISSYxx A Very Christmas to you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  19. OMG Blonde this is amazing!!Gorgeous colouring as always. And I dont think it looks like a boat!! MEN!! LOL.
    Thanks so much for having me back on MDUC! Im so excited!
    Kristy xo

    ReplyDelete
  20. This is just fabulous! I love all the elements to the card and box. WOW! So glad you joined us at CCT!

    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  21. Such a cute new image!
    You've done a great job on your card. I love the different shape and all of your lace and other embellishments :o) You have coloured Tilda beautifully!
    Merry Christmas, Candy

    ReplyDelete
  22. I really love the colors on your card. I also like the style, it coordinates so nicely with Tilda. Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  23. Once again you have just blown me away with the fabulousness of your project! Your colouring is just WOW - but your ideas - you always come up with something new and fabulous!
    Awesome job Blonde!
    xXx

    ReplyDelete
  24. Kylie,
    Beautifully done as usual! You can really pump out gorgeous cards, one after another.
    Merry Christmas,
    Leslie

    ReplyDelete
  25. Kylie dear, such an amazing card and box.
    Love the colours combo and the Tilda is so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  26. This is such a sweet amazing looking giftset. Love, love, love the shape of that card! Fab idea :) And the colorcombo is rocking too!
    But hey...I loooooooove the new Tilda. *drueling*
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  27. I can only say wow what beautiful colors.

    ReplyDelete
  28. WOW So cool, I knew you would pop this one on the blog post hahahaha I had to laugh about what your husband said - it was just the same as what mine said!! hahaha great minds huh?? I love the staples you been doing of late it looks really cool:-)
    Hugs
    Karen
    xxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  29. these are so beautiful, love them and Tilda is perfect x

    ReplyDelete
  30. Oh, these are just georgeus!
    I love the colors and all the beautiful details. :)

    ReplyDelete
  31. Just adorable and your coloring is just awesome !

    ReplyDelete
  32. its a sneaky season Christmas, one second its ages away then it sneak up and its here, I have so much left to do its scarey lol...your work as always Kylie is amazing...so beautifully designed and made
    Mina xxx

    ReplyDelete
  33. WOWWWWWWWW......Kylie this is so GORGEOUS!!! Your little box is too cute for words and I am loving that new shape card....AMAZING as always!!!
    Big hugs
    Em
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  34. It's stunning! don't you love the new stamps!
    Hugs
    Cordine

    ReplyDelete
  35. She's just as sweet as can be sweetie!! I love your coloring and all of your details!! Thanks so much for joining with us at Stamp Something challenges!! Merry Christmas!!HUGS

    ReplyDelete
  36. Beautiful shape project and stunning shabby look :o)
    Hugs,
    Cabio

    ReplyDelete
  37. This is absolutely stunning! Fabulous colouring and details.
    Thank you for joining us at CCT!:)
    Hugs, Vanja

    ReplyDelete
  38. Adorable Tilda creation Kylie! So glad you linked up to the ATS Magnolia Challenge, Winter where you live! Thanks for playing!
    Pam Going Postal

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Hi! I'd love to hear what you think of my creations. Please leave a comment or ask any questions.