I lost count....how many Chrissy cards do I need?

How is everyone going? Well I hope!  Oh...its Thursday already, gosh the weeks just fly when Christmas is looming.. and I have so much still to do...like almost all ofmy Christmas shopping! eeek! Its a bit too late to do it online to, lol.

If you saw my WOYWW post yesterday you would have seen that I was in the midst of making a card and had bits and pieces all over my desk and that I mentioned that it was possible that the whole thing could very well end up in the rubbish bin? Well I am happy to say that despite a massive heat embossing disaster the card survived and I have it here to show you now.

After enjoying my gold embossing attempt last week I thought I would give it another go with some American Crafts "Zing" embossing powder that I have been hoarding in my drawer for some time.... well it has been put back safely in the drawer never to surface again! It is silver embossing powder with glitter through it, but instead of the result being nice and luxurious, it was thin and flat and uneven. Terrible. I did keep the sentiment panel that I embossed so you can see that further down the post...

Oh - and a little warning... I went a tad photo mad because the card has a number of opening bits so I wanted to make sure I had a pic of each of them.

So here is the front...the papers are Bo Bunny Midnight Frost. I have little Edwin sitting on his little gate panel with his pressie. The edge is punched with a MS border punch "Swirling Lace".


And here is the front panel with the gate section opened and a little close up of Edwin. Its a little hard to see in the photo on the left, but I've cut a large snowflake frmo acetate on the Cricut and covered it with glitter. It is really sparkly IRL. The trees are Winter Forrest from the Santa 2008 collection. They've also been given a large dose of glitter :)


 This is the inside with the top flap up. I've used Tilda with Christmas Stockings from the Winter 2008 collection.  The swirls on the paper have been glittered and there is another acetate snowflake behind Tilda.


Finally, the last two photos... the left photo is the embossed Merry Christmas sentiment. I'm definately adding some new silver embossing powder to my Christmas list, lol. The photo on the right shows the last panel which has a pocket folded into it to put a note and a gift card or in my case, some tea satchels.
 

There is a great tutorial for this card HERE if you want to have a go yourself. I altered the size of my card to be 6 inches tall x 5.5 inches wide.

Some challenges for this card are....
7 Kids Collect Fund - Winter Wonderland
All That Scraps Magnolia Challenge - Christmas
A Spoon Full of Sugar - Christmas Card
Crafts and Me Challenges - Moody Blues
Crazy for Challenges - the Sketch (the tree panel)
Creative Card Crew - Anything Goes
Just Magnolia - Anything Goes with Sparkle
Paper Romance - Winter
Secret Crafter Saturday Challenge - Christmas
Stampavie and More - Christmas
Stamptacular Sunday - Blue Christmas
The ABC Challenge - J is for Jewels
Top Tip Tuesday - Use Ribbon


Oh and if you are still here... (sorry, long post!!) don't forget to enter my CANDY ---- Click HERE

Comments

  1. OMG this is a big wow Kylie, so much work has gone into this stunning creation, I love it
    hugs Mandy xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic creation Kylie, how long did it take to make this masterpiece?
    Cheryl

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow, wow , wow, Kylie! What an amazing project! I love all the openings in your card; that must have taken a lot of time! And I so love those Bo Bunny papers! Wonderful creation!
    Hugs,
    Silvie
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. O wowsers Kylie this is truly gorgeous!!! So so so much work but so worth the effort! Love it hun! thanks for joining in with the blue Christmas challenge at stamptacular!
    Hugs Leonie

    ReplyDelete
  5. SO GORGE Kylie. Just lurve it!
    Love Debbie xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow Kylie! This is just Amazing...you must have been working on this for forever...hehe! Just gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh I KNEW this was going to be gorgeous from the snippet I saw yesterday!! Im so playing with some magnolias tomorrow...have been flat out this week but tomorrow I think is a ME day to play with my maggies that you ALWAYS inspire me to use!
    GORGEOUS amazing card hun.
    Kristy xo

    ReplyDelete
  8. OMGosh!! Never imaged those gorgeous little bits from yesterday would turn into this!! It's gorgeous - I cannot believe the love you've put into this! i just love those trees on the front and wow... I love it all lol!

    ReplyDelete
  9. OMGOSH Blondie - WOW!! Those trees look so awesome, they look like the are paper toled!! Gosh Its so fabby - I love how it opens and has the pocket!! Fantastically Awesome it is!! haha
    Hugs
    Karen
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. OMG ! such a great work, fantastic creation wow !
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is a beautiful card, stunning work! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. KYLIE THIS IS ABSOLUTELY GEORGOUS Thank you for joining us at crafts and ME THIS WEEK.
    Will you contact me please?
    Teresa x

    ReplyDelete
  13. OMG!!!!! Every time I see one of your creations I am totally amazed!!! You are definately one of my favorite card makers at the moment! have you got a blinkie or logo I can add to my side bar?

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow Kylie! That was a lot of work, but so worth it. Beautiful!!! Don't you just hate when you buy a product and it stinks in the end? Well, I love the fold and all the extras and glitter!!!!
    Hugs, Dena

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Kylie

    It does seem to creep up on us doesn't it, I think we all get a shock when we realise just how orgnised we are not.

    A really beautiful card, thank you for joining in at Stamptacular Sunday this week and good luck.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  16. wow This is amazing scene, beautifly coloured images.

    ReplyDelete
  17. STUNNING! Totally stunning.
    Luv CHRISSYxx

    ReplyDelete
  18. wow a stunning Christmas Creation thank you for sharing it with us at the SCSC this week
    Hugs Kate xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. OMG, Kylie, this is jaw-dropping GORGEOUS!! IT IS A PHENOMENAL WORK OF ART!!!!!!!
    I am always in awe of your talent....love, love your work!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. OMG! OMG! OMG!
    Hun, I just can´t describe what I feel when I see this in words! It just has it all! Your so freakingly talanted and you really do rock my world! Beautiful!
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  21. Wow hun, stunning is the word, gorgeous is another, I love it all, the colours, layout, images everything, thanks for your visit too hun, hugs Liz xx

    ReplyDelete
  22. It a beauty, so many suprising elements! A really heavy card, love that. Glad it all turned out well and we can see it :-) Thanks for the link to the tutorial.
    Hugs Ing

    ReplyDelete
  23. It took me a little while to find this card Kylie and I am so glad I did! I love this style of card and I do adore those Magnolia trees - they are so pretty. Another one of your beautiful cards!
    Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  24. Wow! What a beautiful project!
    Thanks so much for joining in our Anything Goes Challenge at the Creative Card Crew this time!
    Chrissie

    ReplyDelete
  25. Ohhh Kylie.... what a fabulous scene you have made!!!! Papers, images, template and details.... are all perfect!!!!
    Thanks sweetie for joining us at SAM challenge this week!!!
    Have a great week end
    Giò

    ReplyDelete
  26. So wonderful Kylie,I love the images and the colours.
    So gorgeous papers.

    Hugs Riet.x

    ReplyDelete
  27. WOW what an amazing creation i love it. Thanks for joining us at Crafts and Me for our challenge. luv gina xx

    ReplyDelete
  28. Darling cards! You put such great detail into them. :) Thanks for the tut link too! Thanks so much for joining us this week at TTT. :)

    ReplyDelete
  29. WOW - your Christmas-card is wonderful, Kylie!
    An adorable image, beautiful colors and lovely details.
    Thanks for joining us this week at Stampavie and More.
    Hugs, Anne

    ReplyDelete
  30. This is fantastic Kylie. I love the elements you used on this card! Thank you for joining us at 7 Kids College Fund Challenge!

    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  31. Kylie,

    This is amazing! Wonderful job! I will be trying this tutorial soon. ~T

    ReplyDelete
  32. What an adorable card! Thanks so much for joining us at the creative card crew!
    Denise
    CCC-DT

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Hi! I'd love to hear what you think of my creations. Please leave a comment or ask any questions.