The Fuzzy Wuzzy Challenges December challenge: Holiday Something or "Otter"

Oh wow - it is the first Friday of the month! And you know what that means..... Yup - it is time for a new challenge over at The Fuzzy Wuzzy Challenges! Being December and oh so close to the Holidays, we have a great theme for you to play along with this month...Christmas Something or An-Otter....so basically anything, a card, a tag, an off the page item, something you have altered or a scrap layout, basically, anything you like, so long as it is Christmassy and an Animal image as the feature.

We are also excited to introduce some new faces to The Fuzzy Wuzzy gang - Emma, Ingrid, Julia, Kelly and Louise. Please be sure check out their gorgeous creations. And unfortunately we are also saying a sad goodbye to both Zoe and Marley. Thank you girls for your gorgeous work in our first few months and a big thank you in particular to Zoe who has also been one of our sponsors.

This month we have a fantastic sponsor - Whimsy Stamps who very kindly gave the DT some images to play with. I chose to use this super cute Teddy Angel image, and it turned out to be very popular with the rest of the DT as well, lol.

I had an idea to alter a small gift box .... the actual idea I had in my head didn't come to fruition, lol, but I did end up with an altered box that I was really happy with.


I painted the box with Distress Crackle paint in "Old Paper" (I LOVE this stuff) and covered the top in some BG Jovial paper (which just peaks out under the image). The cute Teddy Angel is coloured in Copics and edged with Stickles "Gold".  I had a little disaster with some stickles on Teddy Angel's wings, so I had luckily printed out two of the image so I was able to recolour the wings and 3D them over the top as there was no way that image was coming off the box, thanks to a very generous amount of hot glue used to adhere the flowers. Turns out my printer ink and stickles are not very good friends... lol. The image is then propped up with some flowers at the back.

The tag is a Magnolia Doo Hickey die and the sentiment is Tickled Pink Stamps.

This December challenge runs until the last day of the month and we will be back on January 7 with another new challenge.

We can't wait to see all of your fabulous entries, so get out those critter images and get creating!!

I am entering my little box into these challenges:
ABC Christmas Challenge - Y for Yuletide (use Holly & Berries, or Red and green, or candles - or all! I have holly, berries red and green)
The Shabby Tea Room - Get in Shape (ohh... my first ever entry here!! How exciting!)

Comments

  1. Hi Kylie, this little altered gift box is amazing. Love everything about it. That image is adorable and love the 3D wings. The rich color of the ribbon, so pretty. All those gorgeous flowers....beautiful.......LUCKY RECIPIENT!!!!

    Hugs
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had to give a giggle when I spotted your gorgeous creation, I seriously have to stop this copying problem of mine, lol!! Your creation is divine, a gift in and of itself, such gorgeously lush flowers and beautiful work with the image too!! Thanks for the Christmassy Inspiration!!
    hugs, stephanne

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hahaa, this is such a fun and cute image! The 3D wings look great! And the whole gift box is awesome; I really love the rich burgundy color of the ribbons and flowers! Wonderful box, Kylie!
    Hugs,
    Silvie
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderfulgift box, adorable image and fab colours.
    luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi, Kylie! I love this altered box! The flowers and ric rac on it are so beautiful! Love how you have created the cute angel teddy and how the wings stand out! Beautiful DT project!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Kylie. that rich beautiful red is to die for. Gorgeous. The teddy reminds me of mine....that I used to have.lol.
    Luv CHRISSYxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh this is gorgeous hun! Thanks for joining in with our theme of Christmas Decorations over at Creative Inspirations Wednesday's Challenge Blog! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. So pretty, would be wonderful to receive as a gift. Thanks so much for joining in with our Creative Inspirations challenge this week & good luck!
    Jenni x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your creation! Thank you for joining us at Top Tip Tuesday @ http://toptiptuesday.blogspot.com/ Please come back next Tuesday for another brilliant tip! :)

    Maggie

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Kylie, your creation is gorgeous your work is beautiful. By the way I have an award for you over on my blog. I know I havn't been following you long but now I can't seem to stop I am always checking in to see your wonderful creations. Also thanks so much for becoming one of my followers, I appreciate it very much, I have alot to learn but enjoying every minute I can.
    Kind Regards Cheryl

    ReplyDelete
  11. Kylie this is so gorgeous! I am so lovin the rich burgundy colors this year and you used them beautifully! All the flowers are wonderful! Such a pretty box!!!!
    Hugs, Dena

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a pretty little treasure box! Love that sweet teddy bear image!! Thanks for joining us this week in the Tea Room :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Kylie!
    I simply adore this little box of yours! I believe you have my homeadress :D HA,HA,HA!
    Jokes aside, this is so beautiful, love the colors and your coloring :) And the flowers are so stunning!
    Have a great weekend!
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  14. wow The colour are just gorgeous and all layout so amazing.
    Beautiful box.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh this is a gorgeous little box Kylie! Adore the teddy, love the colours and beautiful flowers too!
    Kelly.x

    ReplyDelete
  16. WOW Sweetie this is just GORGEOUS!!!! I love the very cute image and as always your colouring is stunning!!!
    Have a FABBY weekend and I hope you have loads of fun decorating your tree!!!
    Big hugs
    Emma
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great Box! love the Tag too! Thanks for joining in this time on the ABC Christmas Challenge, Samantha :0)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Amazing. Love the colours and all the details.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Kylie this is just FABULOUS, GORJUSS, AMAZING can you tell i like it lol, thanks for joining us this week at Creative Inspirations Wednesday's Challenge Blog.
    Shell xx

    ReplyDelete
  20. Gorgeous decorated box. Love the image and all your flowers. Thanks for joining in the Y for Yuletide challenge at ABC Christmas Challenge this time and good luck in the prize draw.
    hugs Dorte

    ReplyDelete
  21. adorable image! love the flowers! thanks for joining us this week at the Shabby Tea Room!

    ReplyDelete
  22. This gift box is AMAZING Kylie!
    You've coloured the sweet image beautifully.
    Thanks for joining us at Fun with Shapes and more.
    Hugs, Swantje

    ReplyDelete
  23. Such a beautiful creation!! Thanks for fluttering with us this week at Flutter By Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Wow Kylie this is fantastic the detail, image and it has a vintage look which I love so much thank you for joining us at Creative Inspirations.
    Hugs
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  25. What a great Christmas gift box and I am sure the lucky person who receives it will be very happy. Thanks for taking part in the Creative Inspirations challenge this time. Hugs Christine x

    ReplyDelete
  26. Beautiful. It's a present on it's own. Jaqui x

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Hi! I'd love to hear what you think of my creations. Please leave a comment or ask any questions.