A Christmas gift from the Heart

Hi everyone! Well... here it is, my very last Christmas card with a Magnolia stamp... I think... :o)  I have a couple more Christmas cards on the way, but I am fairly sure this is the last Magnolia one.

It is time for Magnolia Down Under Challenges #76 today... and the challenge this week is Red, Chocolate and Cream.... perfect for Christmas cards or any other occasion really! I chose to make a card and matching gift wrap for a little pressie for a great friend :o) She hasn't received this yet... lol, so it is a little bit of a sneak peak and I'm not going to name any names, hehehe.

This is my last Christmas Maggie to be inked up. She is Jolly Tilda and she is sitting on the little fireplace from the 2009 Christmas collection. The papers are a little bit of a mix.. they are Basic Grey Archaic, Cloud 9 Design Fleur and SU. All of the images are coloured with Copics and the edges of all of the papers are inked with Distress Ink Vintage Photo. The panel that Tilda is sitting on is embossed with a Craft Concepts folder called Venus.  The pretty chocolate lace is Websters trims.



Here is a little close up. She is such a cutie! She looks like she is keeping a secret :)  The holly leaves are cut using my Whiff of Joy die. The swirl is cut using the Magnolia Doo Hickey swirl die.


The gift is in a lovely box as part of its packaging, but the sleeve around the box was pretty boring and daggy, so I removed that and made a new sleeve from cardstock and covered it in patterned paper and a belly belt and a big bow. I've stamps and colours the little bauble images that came in the Christmas Stamp Club from Magnolia and then popped them on foam tape and given them a coat of Crystal effects to make them shiny.


Both the card and the box have been generously sprayed in Iridescent Gold Glimmer mist. I love that stuff! But gosh, it smells a bit when its wet! It was a bit hard to photograph but I was determined!


The challenge will run until Midday Saturday so if you have some time to craft, please check out our little challenge. The DT have come up with some amazing creations.

I'm entering my card and gift in....
Just Magnolia #85 - Christmas card
A Spoon Full of Sugar - Christmas Card
Charisma Cardz - A Christmas Gift
Cute Card Thursday - Floral Frenzy
Fun with Shapes - Scalloped
Little Red Wagon - Use a Die Cut
Moving Along with the Times - Lots of Spots
Paper Sundaes - Gift It
Stampavie and More - Christmas
Winter Wonderland - Christmas Baubles

**And ---- don't forget to enter my CANDY ---- Click HERE**


So excited! I came in the top 3! Thank you!

Comments

  1. OMG Blondie this is stunning!! No dont tell me no more magnolia xmas cards...I wanna see more lol. They inspire me to create with maggies hehe. Im going to make a maggie xmas card today!!
    Gorgeous fabulous amazing colouring as always and just love all the elements on your card.
    Kristy xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Totally stunning Kylie, just love every little detail. Hugs Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  3. fabulous creation. ~Thanks for joining us at Paper Sundaes this week.

    Fi

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful...I love this color combination with the taupes and reds!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kylie, your work is PHENOMENAL....Love it ALL!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a stunning and beautiful set Kylie!! So much wonderful detail....the layout is gorgeous as is the way you colored Tilda!

    Blessings,
    Gloria

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is just beautiful Kylie! OMGoodness! all the details are wonderous! The flourishes, the flowers, LOVING the color choice of the challenge with this beauty for sure! The recipient will love it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. OH ma goodness this is soooo pretty!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wowzer this is absolutely awesome Kylie the design, flowers and box look wonderful your friend is gonna love this for sure.
    Hugs
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful gift set! I love the DPs and your coloring, pretty embelies, great use of the dies. Hugs, Cami

    ReplyDelete
  11. Stunning. You sure know how to put a card together. I don't usually like so much on a card but you have changed my mind. It is beautiful.
    i love the gift box too. that big bow is gorgeous.
    Your friend will love it.
    Hugs Maz

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow. This is beyond stunning Kylie. Your attention to detail is out of this world. Hugs xo Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gorgeous, absolutely gorgeous - I love those colors.
    Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  14. WOW absolutely STUNNING......where do you get the time to create such beautiful work!!!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Soooo beautiful Kylie, your cards amaze me everytime!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is absolutely AMAZING! I love all the little details & your colouring is fabulous! Thanks for playing along in our Paper Sundaes Gift It Challenge :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Absolutely gorgeous, Kylie!! Love the deep red colors and your details are spectacular! Love it!
    hugs, Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  18. Ow wow Kylie! Your work always makes my jaw drop! I just love your ability to chose the perfect paper, embellishments and colours! Gorgeous. *hugz*

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh how beautiful!!!!I love the colors and all the Details!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. absolutely beautiful I was so busy looking at all the detail I nearly missed the baubles :) thanks for sharing this lovely creation with us this week at Winter Wonderland
    Hugs Kate xx

    ReplyDelete
  21. Really... is she the last one? Say it isn't so!! I love ths card and absolutely have to see some more Maggie xmas goodness I love the glimmer mist too, I just got this colour myself and have been spraying it on EVERYTHING, lol, if only it photoraphed better :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Wow, this is awesome. Your attention to detail is fabulous. Love everything about this. Thanks for joining us at Charisma

    ReplyDelete
  23. What a beauty! I love this colorcombo, it's yummie. So great you put Tilda on the fireplace! Have a nice sunday.
    Hugs Ing

    ReplyDelete
  24. just stunning! She looks so sweet & yeah I think shes keeping a secret too!!
    Thank you for sharing with us at MAWTT this week, good luck! Hugs shell xx

    ReplyDelete
  25. Wow, what a lot of lovely detail. Great colour combo. Thanks for playing along at WW. Marianne x

    ReplyDelete
  26. I promise you Kylie, you are one of my favorite people to visit! Soooooo much wonderful inspiration!!!! Gorgeous card!
    Hugs, Dena

    ReplyDelete
  27. Kylie, YOU HAVE DONE SUCH an AMASING job with al of the layers and details of this project dear!!!! I seen it on the challenge site and just had to stop by to tell you just how wonderful it is!!!!!!!!! oh let me see if I can get you my addy so you can send it to me!! LOL J/K dear.
    REALLY a very very PERFECT project in EVERY WAY!!!
    big hugs, Janiel

    ReplyDelete
  28. okay okay I hope you can read my comment from above!! LOL...... You know if I could spell and type at the same time I would be dangerous.. hahahahah...
    hugs, Janiel

    ReplyDelete
  29. Absolutely amazing Kylie.....I just love it all!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  30. So wonderful Kylie,I love the image and the colours.
    So gorgeous papers and the details.

    Hugs Riet.x

    ReplyDelete
  31. Kylie just soooo gorgeous as always xxxx
    love Debbiexxxx

    ReplyDelete
  32. Soooooo lovley! This is really an eye candy. And I am sure the who will get it will be very honoured! Thank you so much for joining us at Paper Sundaes.
    Hugs, Karina

    ReplyDelete
  33. Kylie,
    This is gorgeous! One of the best cards I've seen this week! Beautifully colored as usual!

    Happy Holidays~
    Leslie Avila

    ReplyDelete
  34. It's so beautiful Kylie. Gorgeous coloring on the images. Thanks for sharing :o)
    Hugs,
    Cabio

    ReplyDelete
  35. WOW this is amazing as ever, THanks for playing along on MAWTT this week Hazelxox

    ReplyDelete
  36. Oh WOW... this is absolutely stunning!!! Just love that colour combination and all your details. Well done! Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  37. Gorgeous, simply gorgeous!!! Those DPs are radiant. I love it!!!

    Hugs,

    Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  38. This is stunning Kylie! My Gosh I just love it to bits….such a cute scene with Tilda sat up on the mantel like that! Looooovvvvvveeeee your gorgeous colouring, as always,! Oh, I could stare at it this sweet card all day! Funny you should mention about the Glimmer Mist smelling. I was making a batch of crinkled seam binding and I sprayed it with Gold Glimmer Mist and my daughter was complaining about the terrible smell and I noticed it too but I am accused of have a hyper-sensitive sniffer in my family, lol, slo I thought it was just me! Well, now I am know I’m not going crazy,lol!
    Hugs,t

    ReplyDelete
  39. Kylie, this card is absolutely gorgeous!
    Amazing colouring and so lovely details.
    Thank you for joining us at Fun with Shapes and more.
    Wishing you a beautiful Christmas time.
    Hugs, Swantje

    ReplyDelete
  40. Love this card and gift box Kylie, such a fabulous image and great colours and layout.
    Thanks for sharing with us at MAWTT this week.
    luv {brenda} xox

    ReplyDelete
  41. Stunning card! So much gorgeous detail to look at and your fabulous colouring! Thanks for joining our challenge at Winter Wonderland this week!
    Hugs, Danielle

    ReplyDelete
  42. Absolutely stunning! I love the layouts.
    Thank you for joining us at CCT! :)

    Hugs, Vanja

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Hi! I'd love to hear what you think of my creations. Please leave a comment or ask any questions.