Tilda with Apples - a fall birthday card :)

**Edited to add - this card came in the top 3 at PaperPlay Challenges! Thanks Ladies!!**

Happy weekend everyone!

Today I have a cute card to show you that I made for my MIL's birthday. I have so many cards laying around my house, I really could have given her one of those, but well, I just can't help myself. Any excuse to make a new one really.

When I started the card, I had all intentions of entering it into the All That Scraps Third Magnolia challenge... which is Fall with a Fold... but as the idea developed, it became less of a "fall" card and more of a birthday card, so Pam, I'm sorry! I think my papers and the first image are still very fall themed, but the rest of the card... I'll leave that up to you to decide :) Maybe my raffia tie and Kraft cardstock gets me over that rustic hurdle?

I've made an "accordian card" so when the raffia is untied, it opens out to reveal more images. There is a great tutorial HERE if you want to give it a go yourself.

So my card tells a little story... Tilda went and picked her apples... then she did some baking but made a big mess... and the end result is a yummy apple cake and a nice cuppa. I know the images are out of order, lol, but they worked better on the card that way.
Magnolia-licious Highlites is also having a fun blog hop called "Whats cookin". The DT have created some fun projects and now the rest of us can play along and make a project with a recipe or food element... so this is my entry over there too!
Paperplay Challenges this week has a colour combo of Blue, Orange and Olive green so I think my card fits in over there too.


Ingredients for this card are:

Copic colours: E0000, 000, 00, 11, 13, 30, 31, 34, 37, 51, 53, 55, 57, 59, BG 0000, YR 000, 15, 18, 20, 23, G 0000, 000, 20, YG 23, 25, W 0, 1, R 00, 20
Stamps: all Magnolia: Tilda with Apples and Happy Birthday sentiment (Cosy Autumn 2010), Tea cup, Cake and Oops Tilda (Yummy in my Tummy 2009)
Papers: Kaisercraft Devonshire
Embellishments: Cotton lace, raffia, green ribbon from my stash, Paper doily (Tickled Pink Stamps), blue flowers are Kaisercraft, Roses and asters are Wild Orchid Crafts. Apple charm is Whiff of Joy. Provocraft eyelets.
Other: Nestabilities Large Deckled Rectangles, sweing machine, Concentric hearts die.

Comments

  1. Oooooo Its so Super Sweet Kylie!! I love the green apples and the cake and teacup and oops tilda and the flowers and well I could go on and on and on - but I wont - its just gorgeous!!
    Hugs
    Karen
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow.. wow.. wow.. sooo fantastic.. love it.. ♥
    Hugs, Katrin

    ReplyDelete
  3. lol lol no she is thinking about the mess she has to clean up afterwards! 'oops' she is saying. hehehe

    gorgeous card as always. hugs xxoo

    ReplyDelete
  4. This according card is interesting and yours was very well made.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutely FABULOUS Kylie - too clever!
    xXx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow Kylie, I truly love all your work. Just gorgeous! *hugz*

    ReplyDelete
  7. Super cute. Love the fold out story.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Kylie, boy do you know how to rock out a card!!! This is GORGEOUS! Love the little fold in the front I love that idea. Your flowers are all amazing too! Great work!
    Hugs, Dena

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wowie, this is gorgeous Kylie!
    Love it.
    Hugs
    Cordine

    ReplyDelete
  10. WOW, I love this. You did a great job with the copics. I am still learning that curve. :)
    Love the accordion card style. Perfection!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Amazing your style of coloring is just perfection!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Kylie your card is so gorgeous and i love the colors makes it even more perfect. What a nice storey and the perfect scene he he he.Good luck in your challenges,RubyM:)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wowzer's Kylie! This is just the sweetest card and it just keeps going on and on in it's sweetness. Each of your images is beautifully colored and the birthday theme is fabulous! Super-duper job...hugs...Barb

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great idea. Delightful card! Love the heart doily and the way you arranged everything.
    Sue S.

    ReplyDelete
  15. How cute is this? I just love it! Want me to tell you when my bday is in case you want to make another? LOL It's just so cute and your images are perfectly done! Great job! Your MIL will just love it! What a treasure!

    XO,
    Chris

    ReplyDelete
  16. Kylie, this is so cute! I love the color scheme and the heart doily is so cute! I want to try one of these, thank you for the tutorial.

    Hugs,

    Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  17. oh wow Kylie this is so so beautiful. Your MIL wil love it xx
    love Debbie xxx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow what a brilliant card. Thanks for the link to the tutorial too. Jaqui x

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wow ! so nice ! Such a lovely creation !
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  20. Just love this card. Colors are perfect together I just love it. Hugs, Teresa

    ReplyDelete
  21. Kylie, this is gorgeous! Love the accordion fold!

    ReplyDelete
  22. How awesome is this?!? Wow!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  23. hihihih Love your little story, Amazing card full with delightful details.

    ReplyDelete
  24. This card is soooooo wonderful and it makes me hungry for apple cake! What a great idea for a card.
    Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  25. Love this card, it's really "sweet" (heehee!)! I think it looks like it could fit in the "fall" theme! Love the color choices and your work is so pretty!!!
    Hugs,
    Teri

    ReplyDelete
  26. Wow, wow, wow - your MIL will love it!
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  27. My goodness, I don't know what else to say...these ladies have said it all!!!! This is an amazing work of art!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Awesome Kylie!! Your colouring is amazing! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  29. Ahhhhhh! This card took my breath away! What an awesome card! Truly an inspiration!!!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Wow Kylie! awesome card. Love your colouring.
    Hugs Marion (Maz)

    ReplyDelete
  31. What a clever story...love the accordion folds and brilliant colouring!
    hugs, Diana

    ReplyDelete
  32. Most BEAUTIFUL!!!!!
    Everything about it shines.
    Hugs, Candy

    ReplyDelete
  33. Your creations are outstanding. I love them!! New Cherrie Bday card is amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
  34. oooooooh Kylie!!! How absolutely spectacular!! I love each and every "surprise" element of this latest creation of yours! Pat Frank

    ReplyDelete
  35. So wonderful card Kylie,I love the images and the colours.
    So beautiful papers and the details.

    Hugs Riet.x

    ReplyDelete
  36. Oh this is sooo beautiful Kylie, adore the colours and gorgeous flowers! Love your work :)
    Kelly.x

    ReplyDelete
  37. Kylie, Your card is gorgeous, I love the combo of images, the design & colours & all your beautiful embellies. I'm sure your MIL will love it. Have a wonderful weekend. Hugs Jodie from Oz

    ReplyDelete
  38. Wow this is wonderful, great images, gorgeous colouring and fab design, thanks for joining us at paperplay, hugs Liz xx

    ReplyDelete
  39. Super gorgeous card Kylie!!! Your coloring is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  40. Totally amazing and beautifully done :o)
    Hugs,
    Cabio

    ReplyDelete
  41. Gorgeous card! Awesome details. Thank you for playing with us at Paper Play this week! :)

    ReplyDelete
  42. Oh this is gorgeous!! Love all the pretty details and your coloring is fabulous. You've got yourself another follower :).

    xxx
    Mariska

    ReplyDelete
  43. How fabulous is this! very creative idea! Love it.
    ~Pam L.

    ReplyDelete
  44. OMG!!! Just how did I miss this card??? LOL...
    Love the whle project..
    Thanks for joining us at the Magnolia-licious Highlites Challenge blog
    hugs, Janiel

    ReplyDelete
  45. Definitely Fall Kylie! After all that's when apples are harvested in the US! Awesome creation! Totally charming and beautiful! So glad you linked up to the All That Scraps Magnolia challenge! Thanks for playing!
    Pam Going Postal

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Hi! I'd love to hear what you think of my creations. Please leave a comment or ask any questions.