Mermaid Tilda

Good morning! I had a little bit of a play last night with a cute Magnolia image of Tilda as a mermaid. She is from 2007, so a little older - hasn't she changed over the years?



The card is a little different for me as I haven't used my sewing machine! All of the edges are distressed with my Tim Holtz distressing tool (new from Make it Crafty) and Tim Holtz distress ink from Tickled Pink Stamps. Those amazing pearl flourishes are by Flourish with a Bling from Tickled Pink Stamps as well. They are so pretty IRL.



I've coloured Tilda in Copic markers. I'm not so happy with the colouring on the rock, but I'll keep practicing! Tilda's tail and wings are coated in crystal effects and I've added loads of Spica to her hair as well.
Recipe:
Stamps: Magnolia - "Tilda som havsfrue" (I call her Mermaid tilda, lol), New Years Swirl (2008) and sentiment.
Papers: Websters Pages mini deck, Kraft and white cardstock
Inks: Mememto tuxedo black, Tim Holtz Antique Linen and Old Paper (Tickled Pink Stamps),
Copic Sketch Markers and Spica at You (Mad for Markers)
Other: Flourish with a bling - "Grace" in Latte (Tickled Pink Stamps), Kaisercraft rhinestones, Martha Stewart punch for flowers, raffia and charm from my stash, antqiue brad SU!.
So, I am going to enter this card into two challenges:
Just Magnolia week 63 - a recipe: 3 flowers, 2 papers and 1 ribbon (I hope raffia counts as ribbon!), and
Stampavie and More #102 - Anything goes!
I hope everyone is having a great Wednesday! I'm sitting looking out my window and the sky is beautiful blue and sunny - but it is deceiving - it is only 8 degrees celcius here in Canberra today - brrrrrr. It is much nicer to look outside than to actually BE outside! Bring on spring!!!

Comments

  1. What a super sweet card Kylie. Yes, Tilda has certainly changed over the years, but I still love the older ones too. Good luck with your challenges, not that you need any. It really is beautiful. Hugs xo Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow this is gorgeous, love the DP and colours, you have done an awesome job,
    hugs
    Sue x

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is super gorgeous Kylie!! Love it!
    Kristy xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. So wondeful Kylie your colouring is amazing and I love that swirly bit going on around the outside... Your papers are gorgeous and I also like the lace bob poking out the corner!! Those pearl swirls are gorgeous I love them too!!!
    Hugs
    Karen
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh she's so cute! Love the colours you've used and all the glitter and pearls are a fantastic touch. Gorgeous!

    Hugs, Brown xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is simply amazing! The image is so cute and I love all the swirls around it.

    Thanks for joining us at SAM this week.

    Hugs, Kiki

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW Kylie, I seriously need to jump on a plane and get some layout tips from you my dear. I just love each and every card you create. :) hugs xxoo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Aaaaaaaw, she's gorgeous Kylie! I'm sure I have her lurking about in a drawer somewhere, must dig her out!
    Hugs x

    Ooooooh, and love your new profile pic - lookin' good Mrs. K ;D

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my gosh, I love this!!! The soft, gentle colours kicked up with earthy elements like pearls and raffia and your gorgeous colouring, and you know what, I rather like this stamp!! Wonderfully gorgeous work, it's making me homesick which means you have done your job well!!
    Hugs, Stephanne

    ReplyDelete
  10. Kylie, love you little mermaid card, the papers and colours are wonderful and the glitter and pearls are a perfect touch. hugs jodie from oz

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Hi! I'd love to hear what you think of my creations. Please leave a comment or ask any questions.