Sassy young Lola!

How LOVELY is this young lady? Her name is Lola and she is one of the soon to be released images by Victoria Case from The Town Scrapper. As soon as I saw her I had to colour her. And I am pretty sure all of the other Scrapettes were pretty excited too. She will be available in store mid April so keep an eye out.


I coloured Lola with Copics and added some Spica pen to her shirt and bag for extra sparkle(although I don't think you can see it in the photo). Her sassy little crop I thought needed some chunky colour through it so coloured her hair a little differently to what I normally do - more contrast in colour and thicker strokes to give the illusion of the chunky foils (I sound like my hairdresser at my last visit!!). She has bright pink toe nail polish and black pants - this is the first time I've coloured clothing black so I was a little nervous, but like the reds, you just have to ensure you have enough of the lighter tones and blend blend blend! All of my stitching is done with silver thread and I've coloured her bangle and the details on her shirt with silver gel pen. I've seen some gorgeous lacing recently with eyelets and ribbon so I thought I'd have a go at that.

I am not sure what the layout of the card is called, but you can see what I've done here with it open. The patterned papers are Kaisercraft Lilac Avenue Collection in "Violet" and the flowers are a combination of Kaisercraft and Bizzy Becs. The actual image is on Stampin Up Whisper White - I normally use Neenah Ultra Smooth, but I was really impressed how well the Stampin Up card coloured with the Copics. So there you go girls - an alternative for when you can't get your hands on some Neenah or Gina K!

OK - challenges for this young lady are...

Comments

  1. oooohh, you weren't kiddin' about inking her up right away! :) she's FANTASTIC, and i love love love the card!! i can't wait to have a play with this little miss, too! xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow hun, great card and fantastic use of ribbon. Loving the image and your colour choice too. Thanks for playing at Totally Gorjuss. Hugs, Squirrel xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow I love this this,love how you've added the ribbon,the image is gorgeous and so are the paper's
    thanks for playing along at Totally Gorjuss
    hugs amanda xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your use of ribbon! Thanks for joining us at TG this week.

    Kat x

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is GORGEOUS Kylie I feel like a broken record lol but you are just pulling one WOW card out after another! The colours are stunning, LOVE it!
    Hugs Kel xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. lovely card. loved the ribbon weaving effect. anita

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sassy is right! Love the layout of your card Kylie and the ribbon treatment is fabulous. Just gorgeous as always. Hugs, Maria

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh Wow Kylie!! I pop away for a couple of days and come back and you nearly knock me off my feet! Lola is just absolutely gorgeous!!!!!! I just love what you have done with the ribbon too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. oh... I love the way you used your Ribbon! Great Card! Thanks for playing along with Little Red Wagon!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What an awesome use of ribbon!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Hi! I'd love to hear what you think of my creations. Please leave a comment or ask any questions.