Magnolia Down Under Challenges # 39

Happy Tuesday everyone! I hope you are all well. It seems that everyone in my house has their first cold of the year! Not much fun when you have a 9 month old. Oh well. My toddler recovered really quickly so I hope the little guy does too.

I still managed to find some "me" time to make a card for Magnolia Down Under Challenges! Their challenge this week is STITCHING - Real or Fake - fantastic! I try to use my sewing machine on all of my cards so this is right up my alley.

My card features a little "Sitting Fall Tilda" from 2008. It is the first time I have used her! Such a little cutie. I decided to make a little off-centre gate fold card and added a couple of flaps to close over the front. I also used some of those popular little doily things that everyone has seemed to master that I just can't seem to get the hang of! Maybe this time I've come a little closer... yes.. that's the trick - hide them behind something!! LOL.


The little lace heart is machine embroidered by my Mum. She makes these and butterflies for me on disolvable stabiliser - thanks Mum!
Tilda is coloured with Copics. The list is at the end. I didn't have all the colours that I needed so I improvised and blended two colours together to get the colour I wanted. I love Copics.

And the inside of my card. I needed to add a place to write, so I did the white square in the middle and stamped around the edges with an old Stampin Up set called Artfully Asian. Then coloured that with Copics too. The little blue pocket on the side is for a gift card, or in this case - an IOU!! We're getting professional photos done of the boys for Mothers Day pressies for, well, me I guess! and the two Grandmothers but left it too late to book in and the photography won't be done until May 27th! oops. So we're giving IOUs for Mothers Day.

OK - Copic colours are:
Skin : E11, E00, E000, R20
Hair: YR20, E31, E34
Pants: B21, B23
Top: YR 15, YR 20, R22
Wings: E95, R20,
Boots: E31, E34
Have a great day!

Comments

  1. You definately take the title of 'Create a card Queen' lol. You can create any type of card you clever girl! This is amazing and the posy of flowers is stunning! Love it.

    Kylie ox

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! This is a wonderful Creation Kylie!! LOVE it and you rocked that doiley!! So gotta get me some. lol!
    Those flowers are amazing!!
    Sammi
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wowie wow wow!! I am in love with this card, it's fabulous! i really have to try this one (and find my doilies, I don't know how but I lost a whole box of them!! Grrrr!) Thaks for the inspiration for my next Mohers Day card, I really really love this! Thanks for playing along with us this week at Magnolia Down Under Challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hooley Dooley your card is sooooooo fab!! I love the flowers on the side, and you've done great with the Paper Doily!! They add just that little sumthin' sumthin' don't they?
    Hugs
    Karen
    xxx
    P.S Your mum is pretty clever with the sewing machine - wish my mum could do that:-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow Kylie this is STUNNING, love what you have done, see you get your talent from your mum.
    Absolutely awesome, you rock girl!
    hugs
    Sue x

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is such a stunning card.Love every detail.

    ReplyDelete
  7. OMGosh - I am drooling over this gorgeous creation! Those flower embellies are fabulous, your colouring and the layout just grand. Need I say more - AMAZING! Happy Easter to you and yours. Hugs, Maria

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awesome Kylie! Love the way this opens!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh wow, this card is stunning. Love all the embellishments and how lucky are you to have a Mum to create those wonderful hearts.

    ReplyDelete
  10. OMG Kylie, this is incredible. I absolutely adore everything about it. Your embellishments are gorgeous especially the heart. I hope your little one is on the mend. xo Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh WOW this is gorgeous, love all the wonderful flowers and details, not forgetting sweet Tilda.
    luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hello Kylie,

    Nive that you take a visit at our blog. You make beautiful cards and i like the heart that your mother makes very well. Beautiful

    greetz from Holland Annemarie en Merit

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a pretty card! love all your embellies and the great gate fold - what a sweet Tilda - and the inside of your card is wonderful as well!

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is just Stunning Kylie, I absolutely love it! Awesome work!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love the layout of your card.
    And the colour go so wel together.

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is one WOW of a card - am just sitting taking in all the details - may "borrow" some along the way. AND you've inspired a need to get my embroidery machine out again.
    Thanx soo much for playing along at MDUC this week!
    xXx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Stunning card, the colours are gorgeous and I love all the flowers! Hope your little ones feel better soon, thanks for joining us at MDUC, hugs, Jane xxx

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Hi! I'd love to hear what you think of my creations. Please leave a comment or ask any questions.