Sweet Elizabeth Bell

A change of style for this card. I wanted to try something a little different and I was really pleased that I did.

The background layer is kraft cardstock with little ants heat embossed with clear powder. I thought they fit with our little lady sitting on the stump. I've stitched around the kraft layer and the image and added the red cardstock to match her scarf. The brad in the flower is co-ordinated with the green circle piece of patterned paper. I made the crochet flower myself and the olive hydranga is from Bizzy Becs (see sidebar). I didn't have a sentiment to go with the image so I hand wrote one.

The blue checked paper is actually stamped!! I bought a Darkroom Door background stamp after seeing all of the fantastic work Debra James was doing with her's, but I couldn't get it to perform, then I asked Debra and she gave me some expert tips and look - how gorgeous is that? Expect to see a lot of plaid papers in my cards now....





The fantastic sketch is from The Sweet Stop challenge # 45. The Secret Crafter is also asking for Stitching for their challenge # 72, so I will enter this over there as well.
Thanks for stopping by and looking at my card!

Comments

  1. Super sweet little card and fab stitching...thanks for playing along with us at SCSC this week :) Donna x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is gorgeous,love your fabulous colouring and beautiful embellishments,and that plaid stamp is fantastic!!!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, this is gorgeous. Love your colouring and fab stitching. That plaid stamp is wonderful - that looks like freshly bought designer paper.

    Great job.

    Thanks for joining us this week at the Secret Crafter and good luck in the draw.

    Mel X

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stunning card. That plaid stamp is fabulous, as is the bling. Thank you for joining in the SCSC this week.
    Cathy xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely

    Thanks for joining us on SCSC :)

    Hugs Jane x

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Hi! I'd love to hear what you think of my creations. Please leave a comment or ask any questions.