Spots, Dots, Buttons and Bows!

Hello again, and happy Sunday to everyone.

I made this little card as I had a "spare" Tilda coloured and wanted to use her before she was lost amongst the mess on my craft desk! All of the papers are Stampin' Up! The chocolate hydrangea flowers are Bizzy Becs and the orange ones are from some fabo candy I won last year (Thanks Kellie!). I tend to save all of the fun and gorgeous things when they are new. I must have some issues as they sit there in their pretty packaging and I look and look and play and just never use. It is the same for me with patterned paper - I get nervous when I have to cut it up! Thank goodness for all of those little 6x6 stacks that you can get now. It takes the stress out of it! Yes, I know. Its nuts.

I didn't have a sketch for this one... a strange feeling for me, so I just went with the flow and this is what happened. The corners of the first layer are punched with a heart punch I bought years ago to do my wedding invitations which has been gathering dust ever since. The little orange brads were a freebie that I was sent when I ordered something once and at the time thought I would probably never use them, but I seem to be going through a bit of an orange phase, so now I love them.

Now that I have bored you with all of that, this card is for two challenges!

Cute Card Thursday - Challenge # 98 - Spots & Dots, and
Magnolia Stamp Lovers - #3 - Buttons or Bows or both!



Comments

  1. This is adorable! I love the colors you chose for it. Great coloring! Thanks for joining us at MSL. Hugs, Stephanie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the image sitting on the cake....adorable! Thanks for participating in the Magnolia Stamp Lovers challenge. LindaC

    ReplyDelete
  3. gorgeous card she is such a sweetie and I love the cake, many thanks for joining in the CCT challenge, hugs Debx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tilda looks adorable sitting on that yummy piece of cake. great job with your buttons and bows too! thanks for joining our magnolia stamp lovers challenge and hope to see you again.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute mixing of images - coloring is great also, please stop back often at MSL. Cindy2

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMG, how fab would it be to have a cake big enough to sit on??!!
    Heehee, this is fab hun - love how you've pulled all the colours together to make something utterly delicious looking!
    Hugs x

    ReplyDelete
  7. yummie cake.. gorgeous card!!!
    Thanks for joining us at MSL challenge blog!
    xxx
    Vivi

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your card colors are very yummy!
    So adorable!
    Thanks for joining us at MSL challenge!
    Anary MSL DT

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Hi! I'd love to hear what you think of my creations. Please leave a comment or ask any questions.