Come on! Sing along now!
"When the world seems to shine like you've had too much wine, That's amore"
I am here today with a cute little guy called Pasta Edwin. You may have noticed that he too is coloured in grey tones. Why are all my little Magnolia friends appearing a little monochrome lately? Well, I am on a mission to acquire copious amounts of Copic markers! I must and will have them (well, I hope anyway ;p) and yesterday I went into an art store that I haven't been to before (which funnily enough happens to be the closest one to my house... oh no!) and found that they had a set of Copics in the cool greys! For a bargain price too. I already had a couple for skin tones, but not much you can do with just skin tones really, now is there? So now we have skin tones and cool greys.... so you will all now learn just what a girl can do with a few markers.
So Pasta Edwin came out to play and then I had to find some pretty papers to go with him. Obviously black and red would work well... but then there is that creamy yellow pasta to deal with.... BINGO! A set of Stampin Up designer papers which were put out for Christmas which my friend just gave me (thanks Sharon!!). I am trying to remember what they were called... Candy cane? Maybe that is it....
Anyway, they all seemed to work well don't they? Not a colour combo that I would normally go for, but hey, sometimes they are the things that work out the best. And the sentiment, well of course it is done by hand. That is a first for me!
Now, I hadn't planned this, I had only really made the card with two challenges in mind.. but then I had a quick poke around at some other blogs and voila! This little guy can be entered in soooo many.... I'll put a list at the bottom. In the meantime, here is Pasta Edwin.
OK - the challenge list:
- Creative Belli Challenge #84 - Ribbons
- By the Cute and the Girly - Love
- Charisma Cards #5 - I love you
- Crazy 4 Challenges #23 - Be My Valentine
- Creative Card Crew #44 - Valentines
- Our Creative Corner - Masculine Valentine
- Pile it On #5 - To the One You Love
- Stampin for the Weekend - Love is in the Air
- Stamp Something - Love Somethings
- Stamp with Fun # 45 - Hearts
- The Pink Elephant # 53 - Valentines
- Double Dutch #36 - Be My Valentine
- Paperplay week 5 - Love Notes
- Papertake Weekly - Love Actually
- Magnolia Stamp Lovers #3 - Buttons OR bows or both
- Stamptacular Sunday #44 - Love is in the Air
- Creative Inspirations #27 - Red and Black
- ABC Challenges - NEW (the Copics of course!), and last of all
- Paper Sundaes #4 - for their fabo sketch, below:
Thanks everyone for sticking around for such a long post! I think it took longer than making the card!
"Bells will ring ting-a-ling-a-ling, ting-a-ling-a-ling"
(Thanks Deano, give it a rest now).
Have a good evening everyone,