I {{heart}} Magnolia Down Under Challenges!

Well, I have a couple of exciting things to share with you all before I chat about my card...

The first is... last Sunday Kellie (the gorgeous founder of Magnolia Down Under Challenges) emailed me to invite me to be a guest DT member for a month! What do you think I said? hehehe, well, it was something along the lines of "OMG!! OMG!! OMG!! OMG!! Yes!! Yes!! Yes!! Yes!! ", so there we have it - look out for me in June as I will be joining the very talented team at MDUC. How very exciting.

The second exciting news is - I came in the top 5 at MDUC for their last challenge Pink & Grey! Woo hoo! Thank ladies, I am sooo chuffed!

So of course when the new challenge was posted this morning (challenge # 33 - Buttons, Flowers and Bows), I jumped into action and started sifting through my button tin. And here is my finished card...



It is a step card - so that allows a lot of little nooks and crannys to embellish! It might be a little over done, and my husband likes to remind me occassionally "less is more" - but you know what? For once he is WRONG - MORE is more!

So here is a little close up of the lovely Tilda with her basket. I'm back to my watercolour pencils again... so many bright and beautiful colours to choose from... The tree in the background is also a Magnolia stamp. Sorry about all the shaddows - it is pooring her in Canberra - and has been since Friday. Even with the lights on it is hard to get enough light, oh well!





I am also entering this card into the Secret Crafter Saturday Challenge # 70 - Multifolds.

Have a great Valentines Day my crafty blogging friends :)

Comments

  1. WOW girl I am going to start calling you "Our No.1 Fan" hehe, your always first on the ball hun! And I agree with you, this time MORE is MORE and it looks absolutely amazing! I have never done one of these before and am thinking I must try it but I don't think it will look anywhere near as amazing as this mater piece does! Thanks so much for joining us this week, will we see you again ;) BIG Hugs Kel xx
    P.s Bring on JUNE!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is beautiful, so many fun, eyecatching details, she looks like she is having a great time out collecting flowers. More is fabulous in most instances, this is certainly one of them!! Congrats on the top 5 placement, well deserved, and I look forward to working with you in June!!
    Take Care,
    Stephanne

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so creative, Love all the details and all the work that has gone into this super card.Love it. Hugs xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow Karen this is gorgeous. Funny we live very close, I live on the South Coast NSW just a couple of hours from Canberra.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh me too! So much in common. My name is Kylie, I also got Top 5 this week at MDUC and I am guest DT for July!! How good are we GF??!!
    Congrats to us!
    This card is awesome. So much work in this. I love it. Well done.

    Kylie xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh wow!!!!! So wonderful!!!!!!! I'm speechless. So many lovely details.

    Thanks for joining us this week at MDUC.

    Xoxo,
    Nicole

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW your work is wonderful...the colors and details are fantastic :0)))

    Thanks for joining MDUC this week

    Hugs
    Nicole

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a fab project

    Thanks for joining us on SCSC :)

    Hugs Jane x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Kylie, this is so pretty on so many level. Can't wait for you to join us at Magnolia Down Under Challenge in June! YAY! Thanks for playing with us this week. Happy Valentine's Day! ~Chelsea

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful card!
    Thanks for joining us at the SCSC!
    Helen x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, this is amazing, it must have taken you ages to do this! Love all the elements here, a true work of art.

    Thanks so much for joining us this week at the Secret Crafter. I hope we see you again real soon and good luck with GDT n June - very well deserved!

    Mel X

    ReplyDelete
  12. WOW Kylie - an amazing job with the latest challenge!!! And what fun it will be to have you playing along as our GDT at MDUC - congratulations!
    xXx

    ReplyDelete
  13. WOW - what an awesome step card. Great work.

    ReplyDelete
  14. What an awesome creation. You certainly have thought outside the box. Wonderful job. Thanks for joining us at MDUC.
    mwah
    Trace

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Hi! I'd love to hear what you think of my creations. Please leave a comment or ask any questions.