Strawberry birthday

Hi everyone.
Over here in Aus we're having a little bit of a heatwave so the best place to be is inside in the air conditioning - at my craft desk!
One of the ladies I work with was celebrating a special birthday today, one of those milestone birthdays so I sat down last night to make a card for her. 


Strawberries are certainly perfect for a summer birthday. This is a Lili of the Valley stamp that I have been eyeing off for a while, one of those "just had to have" stamps. The papers are a mix of left overs I've had in my drawer for a while, the blue check is probably almost 4 years old. The spotty red is about 3 years old. I love that I can use up bits and pieces like that. 


I punched around the card with a MS punch set. All of the edges are distressed and inked. So Doo Hickey dies were used for the banner and swirl and the lovely white flowers and twine are both from The Ribbon Girl.


I think Elizabeth liked her card. I do enjoy making cards for special people and reasons much better than just making a card in general. 

Well, I think that is it from me until Tuesday ...
so until then
Have a great weekend :)

Comments

  1. Wow this is just Gorgeous! Those strawberries look so yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW is right! This is just gorgeous. Wonderful coloring.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card, Kylie. Love the sweet image and gorgeous coloring.
    Hugz,
    Cath

    ReplyDelete
  4. Totally gorgeous, fabulous embellies!
    Helen x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! What a great card, Kylie! So lovely and bright!

    Thanks for joining our Lili of the Valley 'Anything Goes' challenge!

    Good Luck!

    Hugs

    Erica x

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Hi! I'd love to hear what you think of my creations. Please leave a comment or ask any questions.