Happy Easter!

Happy Easter everyone!
Do you have a lovely quite weekend planned with family? Hopefully with lots of Easter eggs and Hot Cross Buns to keep you company?  I do! I LOVE Easter. It is my favourite holiday. Being in Australia, it is autumn here at Easter time and it is my favourite season, so it is just perfect - good weather, good food and a long weekend.
Wow, can you believe I only made my first Easter card last night? OMG.. I am waaay behind. I have a couple more to go, but with that in mind, I thought I would try and create something simple..


I coloured this cute little Chicken Tilda from the Hoppy Easter collection  with Copics on Make It Colour cardstock, then fussy cut around her. The card is white bazzil that I've run through my Grand Calibur using my new Nesties that arrived a couple of weeks ago. Some sponging with Antique Linen DI to follow and then my sentiment and tulips were stamped directly onto the cardstock.  The tulips are coloured with Prisma pencils - this is when disaster struck... yup, I spilled my entire bottle of odourless spirits on my desk - eeeeekkkk!!! Yup, its all gone. So I'm heading off to the art store tomorrow to find some more. Sigh. 


I was a little worried, but the odourless spirits DID end up drying and you can't tell that it was spilled all  over my card :S 

Isn't the sentiment cute? I love Magnolia's sentiments. 
So there is my simple Easter card.

I would like to enter my card in the new Just Magnolia challenge - Anything Goes.

Thanks for visiting me. I have been a bit quiet these last few weeks, I hope things pick up a bit soon. 
I do miss my bloggy friends :o)


Comments

  1. Wow Kylie this is so amazing! I thought the background was canvas!! Is that just textured cardstock inked?? I have to give that a try! OMG I've spilled my bottle of blending solution before too - mine went all over my desk and took the cork backing of my metal ruler lol!! Glad the card survived, it's stunning! Happy Easter to you all! hugs, Jane xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww Chicky Tilda is so fab!! I love your prisma background, and yep can't tell that it got smothered in Spirit's!!! I love your Nestie.... that is gorgeous, I've only very seen it in the packaging on the internet, first time I've seen it used!!! Love it:-)
    Hugs
    Karen
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just Gorgeous! Fabulous colours. Fabulous design. Another cute Tilda. LOve it.
    Chrissyxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful!!! The image is so nice! Great colouring!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous Kylie! Happy Easter. Hugs, Maria

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so stunning! Love the image, background and great colors and style. :)
    Gorgeous card!

    Hugs, Anne.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Kylie,

    Stunning card which is so lovely sweet and for Easter.

    Love

    Kerry xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy easter!
    Sweet card and an adorable stamp.
    Love the sentiment.
    /Linnzan

    ReplyDelete
  9. A gorgeous card Kylie! I love the edge and what a fantastic effect of your colouring on the cardstok!! Have a nice Easter, hugs, Marlies

    ReplyDelete
  10. So beautiful card Kylie,I love the image and the colours.

    Hugs Riet.xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh wow!Love your beautiful card!

    hug Anneli

    ReplyDelete
  12. It's a great card, such a lovely stamp! Please send some of the Australian weather my way :) Here it's cold and rainy.... Happy Easter, have fun!

    groetjes, Ellen

    ReplyDelete
  13. Adorable! Love those Tilda's. Like the colors you choose and the background. Edna

    ReplyDelete
  14. Well aren't you the lucky one. Your card is so very sweet so I am very glad it did not get ruined. Your coloring and the sentiment are divine!!!
    sandy

    ReplyDelete
  15. OH girlie, this is stunning!!!
    hugs.......and Happy Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  16. WOW!! I like it, I like it!!!! The flowers are beatufil, Magnolia is so cute... Great job! Happy Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Kylie I hope you had wonderful easter days?! Your card is 100% perfect...!!!
    Thanks a lot for joining us at Just Magnolia this week!
    Big Hugs,
    Mo

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Hi! I'd love to hear what you think of my creations. Please leave a comment or ask any questions.