29 August 2011

Wild Shabby Magnolias?

Hi there! Well... I've been a little bit tricky with my project today and actually combined two DT assignments and one GDT assignment into the one project..... is that naughty? I am not sure... but I am feeling very time poor at the moment. August has been a super busy month for my family. Gosh, I am so looking forward to September.... oh... wait... maybe.....lol, I think I have just talked my DH into selling our house and moving to a rural property.... I think things are about to get a bit nuts.... anyway... onto my little project ;)

First up - there is a fantastic new challenge at Wild Orchid Crafts Challenges - Tags Tags Tags.


I am also a Guest DT member at The Shabby Tea Room this week - so exciting! The challenge is birthstones!  My birthstones are Light amethyst and pearl so I've gone with a lavender theme and added some pearls in there for good measure. Have you checked out the amazing projects the DT have created? Wow oh WOW. I love The Shabby Tea Room - and if you've not seen it yet, there is a DT call on currently... well worth checking it out if you are interested.

The beautiful papers are Pion Design and all of the embellishments are from Wild Orchid Crafts.


Ohh... its also TOMIC time again! Aren't you all just LOVING it? I know we are loving seeing what you are creating to show us every week.


This week the challenge is... Back to School PLUS Metal.... sounds like fun? Yes, I thought so! I thought I would make a tag using adorable little Study Tilda from the So Heavenly collection from 2008.


Little miss Tilda is coloured with Copics in muted tones and the paper edges are distressed and inked.


I hope you have a chance to come and play along with all of these challenges..... they are all fantastic and the prizes are wonderful.

Thanks for stopping by today and for all of the gorgeous comments you leave me.

If you havent already entered my candy, just click on the pic in the side bar.... only 11 days to go!!.
Hugs Kylie x

15 comments:

  1. Hi Kylie

    What a beautiful tag. Its sooo gorgeous.

    Hugs mariska

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a stunning piece of artwork. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. beautiful - not seen this Magnolia before - love the tag. Does she not have her glasses on upside down though just looking at the nose piece?
    Move rural - I live in the country - and its great
    Sarah x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous tag, it's so pretty. Jaqui x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very very pretty! I love the way the muted colors give it an elegant feel! Your coloring is FAB....and I think it is a great project. Great way to kill 3 birds with one stone:0)

    Hugs;
    Janette

    ReplyDelete
  6. So pretty tag, so shabby, love that !
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my giddy aunt, I have just come across your stunning blog and everything is so beautiful. Ive become a follower so I can keep a wee eye on your gorgeous projects. This is a terrific tag. Beautifully shabby chic and vintage, its nice to see a Tilda image done in this style and you have pulled it off to perfection. Lee xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. wow this is really beautiful!!! I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a great tag, wow!! And love youre work, just visit you're blog for the first time, but sure not the last time ;)

    Greeting Frences

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful tag Kylie, your coloring is so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a beautiful tag you've made Kylie. Everything is right about it.

    xx Henriëtte

    ReplyDelete

Hi! I'd love to hear what you think of my creations. Please leave a comment or ask any questions.