04 July 2011

Wild Orchid Crafts Challenge - Tent Card

Hi! Wow, July has come around so quickly, we are officially into the 2nd half of the year, before you know it Christmas will be knocking on our doors! Today is also the day I can show you my first official DT project for Wild Orchid Crafts.   Our first challenge for the month is up and this time we are asking you to create a Tent Card.  There is a link to the tutorial on the blog for those who haven't created one before. Its been about a year since I made my last Tent Card so I had a great time making this one.  


I have used a few different flowers on my card:
Small flat Gardenias in Deep Ivory, 25 mm Wild Rose in Antique Blue, Cherry Blossom Deep Ivory, Aster daisies in Ivory, 15 mm Open Roses in Pale blue and Chocolate brown, and finally, 4mm close rose buds in Cream.
I have decorated  the back of the card as well. All of the edges are distressed with scissors and inked in DI Old Paper with some white paint thrown in there for good measure :D

Here is a better shot of the gorgeous flowers. I've closed the card with some large burgandy eyelets and some organza ribbon.

I've used three Magnolia stamps for my tent card, details of which can be found on my Magnolia blog.

The adorable papers are by Memory Box from the "Brioche" collection.

And the images are all painted in DIs. There is a liberal spray of Glimmer Mist Irridescent Gold as well but it didnt show up so well on the photos.

So there is my card! I am thrilled to join the Wild Orchid Crafts DT for the next 6 months. The girls are all so talented and lovely. I hope you can join us for this challenge, there is a fantastic prize up for grabs.

I would like to enter my card into a couple of challenges as well....

Thanks for visiting me today, I hope you all have a fantastic week!
Hugs x

34 comments:

  1. Hi gorgeous!
    This is so beautiful hunny! Love this fold so I'm definately going to join in this challenge! :)
    I have been wondering if you would do scarecrow Tilda at some point and now here she is in all her gorgeousness :) Beautiful colouring and I love the fact you have used so many fab stamps at one time :)
    Lush flowers and amazing detail :)

    Hugs! Lotsaluv

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just gorgeous! Love the shape & that you have used more than one stamp fab!

    Thank you for sharing with us at MAWTT & CYP this week, good luck!
    Hugs Shell xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Simply put...I'm in love. This is the most intricate and detailed and complex and gorgeous card with so many tiny elements that I'm sure I haven't caught them all. For example...You sewed in a circle? LOL...that would have ended in total chaos had I tried that. Hahaha.
    Anywhooo....Thank you SO much for joining us at Top Tip Tuesday for our "T" challenge.
    It's been a real hoot.
    Lisa xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is just Stunning!!! So many fabulous details and colors, gorgeous flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow - this is amazingly beautiful Kylie - so much delicious detail and fabulous colouring. Absolutely love it.

    Thank you so much for joining us at MAWTT this week - hope to see you next time. Hugs, Sylvia xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kylie I'm so in love with ur creations ..and was wondering if you would consider being a guest designer on my blog for October?
    Please email me here angie.delarie@gmail.com thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  7. A gorgeous summery card hun! Thanks for joining in with our Summer theme over at Wednesday's Creative Inspirations Challenge Blog! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, this is beautifull Kylie !

    Hugs Monique

    ReplyDelete
  9. OMG...Kylie...I am breathless...what a brilliant work of art!!!!!!!!!!! I am in awe!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow absolutely gorgeous card! So many lovely details, so much work!
    Thanks for joining us at Craft Your Passion.
    Good Luck!
    Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a gorgeous card,

    Marie-Anne

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous, Kylie! Love all the flowers & beautiful ribbon!

    ReplyDelete
  13. WOWSY !! This is just a fantastic card. Haven't really seen these tent cards before, but they're for sure great.
    I love everything on your card, and that you've decorated it all around. So pretty :O)
    Hugs Laila

    check out my new candy on http://blog.lolapigen.dk

    ReplyDelete
  14. Stunning !!! thank you for joining us at the crafty catz with your beautiful work hugs linda x

    ReplyDelete
  15. wow GORGEOUS lovely summer colours, thanks for sharing with crafty catz x carol

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow! Kylie! This looks amazing! Congrats on the WOC DT!! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a wonderful card,I love the image and the colours.
    So gorgeous papers and the details.

    Hugs Riet.xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Gorgeous card! The details are amazing, truly a work of art
    Louise

    ReplyDelete
  19. Kylie, Wow! Lovely stitching, fabby image and super colours, what a gorgeous card. Thanks for playing at Paper Sundeas this week. x

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wow this is a wonderful creation, beautiful colour theme and image,

    thank you so much for joining us at the Crafty Catz Challenge Colours Of Summer and wee hope you stop by next week and join in,

    Good Luck with the challenge,
    Hugs Bridget :0) x

    Crafty Catz DT

    ReplyDelete
  21. gorgeous gorgeous artwork!!! AND it is so much nicer in real life!!LOL
    Because it is on my fireplace!!!!!!!!yahoo

    Thank you so much

    much Love
    Debbie xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  22. Absolutely gorgeous card Kylie, I love this image and your colouring is perfection personified :-) beautiful...hugs Janine

    ReplyDelete
  23. Love all the detail on this and the colouring, great card and thanks for joining us at CC this week with our theme colours of summer

    ReplyDelete
  24. Wow!!! This is GORGEOUS creation! :)

    ReplyDelete
  25. How gorgeous this is! Thank you for joining us for "T is for..." at Top Tip Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Stunning creation, so much detail, love it!
    Helen x

    ReplyDelete
  27. Brilliant, your work is always stunning, thanks for joining us at Totally Tilda.
    Teresa xx

    ReplyDelete
  28. Wow! This is stunning! Love how the tent opens up to hold a tag, too! Thanks for playing along with us at Craft Your Passion in our "Anything Goes" challenge! --Sammibug, Craft Your Passion DT

    ReplyDelete
  29. Wow! this is a deluxe tent card! Where do you find the time to be THIS amazingly creative? You clearly have more creativity in your little finger than I do in my whole body! Amazing!

    Thank you so much for STITCHING IT UP with Paper Sundaes this week! We look forward to seeing you join us again soon! Good luck!

    ♥ Lisa M. PSDT

    ReplyDelete
  30. Beautiful card, love all the detail! Thanks for taking part in the CYDA challenge xx

    ReplyDelete
  31. Kylie-this is exquisite, I have to keep looking at it, there are so many beautiful details! Thanks for joining us at Totally Tilda! xox Trish :)

    ReplyDelete
  32. WOW Kylie! The details are amazing! GORGEOUS! Thanks for joining us at Totally Tilda!

    xo!

    ReplyDelete

Hi! I'd love to hear what you think of my creations. Please leave a comment or ask any questions.