12 April 2011

That is one HUGE butterfly!

Good morning everyone!

I started cleaning up my desk over the past few days... started anyway - such a huge mess and I keep getting sidetracked. I don't have a great deal of space, but I do have a great deal of 'stuff'. Over the past few weeks I had been colouring up cute little things here and there and they've not reached any cards :) So during my clean up I came across this cute new "Large Butterfly" from the Magnolia Butterfly Dreams collection. It was one of those 'had to have' stamps in this collection. And I had also attempted to fold a "Napkin card" a few weeks ago (tutorial can be found HERE), so last night I decided the butterfly just HAD to go on the Napkin card.



This is what it looks like closed..... I didn't have the right punch around the page set for the card, so I made do with the "Swirling Lace" set I had. I've got the "Cherish" and "Eyelet lace" sets on my wish list but just haven't managed to get them yet.


I had considered matting all the DP, but am glad I didn't as it probably wouldnt have closed :) The papers are Prima "Jack and Jill".


The band wraps right around the back to tie at the side.

Hahaha, and here is my attempt at getting a decent photo of the sparkle :)
The gorgeous lace is heirloom eyelet lace I found at a craft store yesterday while shopping with my sister.

All the DP is inked in Walnut stain and the white cardstock is inked with Antique Linen. The butterfly is stamped in Memento Rich Cocoa and coloured with Copics.

I'd love to enter this Butterfly into these challenges:
The Shabby Tea Room - Doilies and Lace and photo inspiration
Wild Orchid Challenge - Wings
7 Kids College Fund - Seeing Spots

Thanks for checking out my Napkin fold card! It was heaps of fun to make.
Have a great day!
Hugs xx

25 comments:

  1. WOW Kylie what a wonderful layout and embellies!!! Magnificent!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is beautiful Kylie!! I think your punch looks perfect and you are right about that butterfly,lol. I just got it in the mail today and I thought man, they weren't kidding when they said large, lol!! Thanks for the inspiration!!
    xxAutumn

    ReplyDelete
  3. So beautiful!! Love the design and that HUGE Butterfly! :)

    Thank you so much for joining us this week at The Shabby Tea Room!!

    Hugs...
    Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE this card...it is so adorable...everything is wonderful about it. I'd love to receive a card like this!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow Kylie, this is incredible! love the HUGE butterfly and the border punch looks gorgeous ♥

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kylie, this is just gorgeous. I love the butterfly too. I also came across a tutorial for this last week. Am planing on trying it soon. Hugs xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. AWESOME! Great fold and so many details make this card one of my favorites! Thanks for joining us at The Shabby Tea Room!

    ReplyDelete
  8. wow, Kylie! This is really gorgeous! Love the swirling lace borders and papers! Awesome job hun!
    Hugs,
    Silvie
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful stunning card Kylie. Love the design and the amazing details. Hugs Michele x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Holy Toledo!!! Glad you cleaned your work space and found this gorgeously colored butterfly... OMG and your napkin fold is just amazing... going to check out the tutorial now... Thanks for the inspiration

    Hugs
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh my shabby goodness ... so much loveliness on this card I don't even know where to begin! Bravo ... great job!!! Thanks for joining us in the Tea Room this week :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Stunning creation! I love your butterfly and all the details.
    Hugs Bonnie

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow, this looks great! Love the sparkles on the butterfly :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a lovely butterfly! I can understand why you had to have it.

    Marie-Anne

    ReplyDelete
  15. So wonderful Kylie,I love the image and the colours.
    So gorgeous papers and the details.

    Hugs Riet.xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a lovely card! The butterfly is so pretty and a great folded card.
    /Linn

    ReplyDelete
  17. Stunning, not seen one of these cards before! Gorgeous papers and fab butterfly too!
    Helen x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Absolutely gorgeous! Beautiful colors and a real cute butterfly! I´ve been eager to try this folding, what did you call it, napkin fold card. It´s on my "must-do-list".
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  19. That is one of the best butterflies I have seen. Beautiful card xx

    ReplyDelete
  20. this is just beautiful, kylie! the colors and embellies are perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  21. oh wow this must of taken ages. So Stunning xxxxx
    Love Debbie xxx

    ReplyDelete
  22. Wow! that is one super Butterfly, and the card design is fabulous xx

    ReplyDelete
  23. I just love the style of this card! The sleeve is one of my favorite parts! So glad you could join us in the Tea Room for our Doilies and Lace challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Wow what a great paper construction effort. Just love the frilliness of the lace and doily. Have a happy easter

    ReplyDelete
  25. WOWZERS!!!! This is AMAZING! Beautiful coloring and colors. I've never seen anything like this. Stunning!
    Thanks for joining us at Wild Orchid Crafts 'Wings' Challenge.

    Hugs, Mindy

    ReplyDelete

Hi! I'd love to hear what you think of my creations. Please leave a comment or ask any questions.