21 September 2010

Whiff of Joy Guest DT call ~ Bottle Topper

Good morning everyone! Have you seen the Guest DT call over at Whiff of Joy? To enter all you have to do is create a Bottle tag using a Whiff of Joy stamp. Katharina has created a gorgeous example to get you started if you are interested... but be quick! The call ends on September 23.

I thought I would have a go at making a Christmas bottle tag using Uru and Bird, a cute Christmas stamp designed by Norma Fickel.


I had a bit of a try at Paper tole following the tutorial by Inge Groot which you can see HERE. I just love the 3D effect of this technique and have been admiring the beautiful work of Debby Yates for ages - so Debby if you see this - how'd I go?



Here is a side view of the image with its three layers. Do you like the pleated flower? I used the tutorial by the gorgeous Claudia Rosa which you can find HERE.

And here is the inside of the bottle topper card. I thought I'd have it open so I could write a message in there.

Ingredients for this card are:

Copic colours: E 0000, 000, 00, 11, 13, 30, 31, 34, 37, 41, 43, 44, R 000, 00, 20, 22, BG 93, 96, 99
Stamps: Uru with Bird - Whiff of Joy, Sentiment (inside card) by Magnolia
Papers: Websters Pages minis - Home for the Holidays, SU cardstock in Bravo Burgandy, Chocolate Chip, Xpress It Blending card for image.
Embellishments: Vintage lace, Gold and Diamond stickles, Burgandy Organza ribbon, Cherry blossom and Holly leaves (While Orchid Crafts), Burgandy beads
Other: Spellbinders Nestabilities - Circle and Scallop CIrcle, SU Scallop circle punch for hole for neck of bottle, Cuttlebug, Sewing machine, Distress Ink "Old Paper" for sponging

Challenges for this bottle topper card are:

Wild Orchid Crafts - Ribbons and bows
Secret Crafters Saturday Challenge - Anything Goes
Fussy and Fancy - Christmas Colours
Cute card Thursday - A Tweet and a Flutter

Oh, and I thought I would share this cute photo of my 14 month old "helping" me photograph my bottle topper, lol. My little guys are great little helpers. Everytime I bring out a card I've made, my eldest (2 1/2 y/o) says "pwitty!", aww, thanks little Mate!

Well, enjoy your Tuesday everyone! I'm off to watch Play School with the kids :o)

23 comments:

  1. WOW this is gorgeous hun. The colours are just divine and your paper toling awseome. The thing that stole the show for me was your little man, too cute!! Hugs from Bron xox

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gosh that is pwitty!!! hahaha I love that image wow - so nice, and What a fantastic idea!! I likey:-) Good Luck with the Guest DT Call Spot:-)
    Hugs
    Karen
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. yay!!thats gorgeous and good luck xxxx
    love debbie xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow Kylie, this is amazing! Love your bottle topper, the rich red colour is so yummy! And the card is stunning! Your coloring is awesome as always and love the DPs you picked for your card! Great idea the card can be opened for the message! Really a stunning creation! Good luck wiht the Guest DT!
    And love the picture of your "little helper", he is so cute! :-)
    Have a wonderful day!
    Hugs,
    Silvie
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well Kylie, if they are clever they take you as guest designer! What a fab creation.
    Hugs Ingrid

    ReplyDelete
  6. Me again :-) Love the 3D effect you did with your image! Must be quite a lot of work coloring the image several times :-)
    Hugs,
    Silvie
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Kylie
    lovely design and such a fabulous idea, and the colouring and the layering is amazing, thanks for joining us at SCSC101: Anything goes, Good luck, Hugs Bridget x. SCSC DT

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks really stunning Kylie! Awesome!
    Hugs Kristel

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awww he is just adorable Kylie! Reminds me of my 16 month old, except he is constantly getting into my markers and drawing with them, usually on my unfinished images. You gotta love them ...hehe!

    Oh and I love your bottle top. I tell you what your work is absolutely amazing and I am always excited to see what you have done. Good luck with the Guest DT spot!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, it's really amazing project. All details are gourgeous. Great gift idea.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fab card

    Thanks for joining us on SCSC :)

    Hugs Jane x
    SCSC DT

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful bottle tag. I love the dimension. Thank you for joining us at Cute Card Thursday!

    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh Kylie this is just gorgeous!! I love these images and the papers you have used with it are so pretty!!! What a fab idea!!
    Good luck with the call!
    :)kathy

    ReplyDelete
  14. Where do you find the time is what I really want to know? One gorgeous card or crafty item after another!! Well, I will wish you good luck, though you are amazing so no luck needed!! Fab work and such a sweet picture of your little curious helper!!
    hugs, stephanne

    ReplyDelete
  15. Gorgeous creation...
    Thanks for joining our special launch challenge at SCSC, and good luck with the draw
    x
    Vicky

    ReplyDelete
  16. such a sweet project! thanks for joining in the fun with us at CCT.
    hugs, annie x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Georgeous creation in lovely colours, beautiful design and details! Thanks for joining us at WOC this time - best of luck!
    Hugs, Lena K

    ReplyDelete
  18. Kylie this is gorgeous. so beautiful with all it's detail. good luck with the DT call. Love the pic of your precious little man too. hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  19. Gorgeous, love all the layers you added to the image to make it pop. Beautiful coloring as well. Thanks for sharing with us at Fussy and Fancy.

    ReplyDelete
  20. A fantastic hanger, great coloration and wonderful design. Welcome to the Whiff ofJoy team Kylie!! Looking forward to working with you.
    Katharina

    ReplyDelete

Hi! I'd love to hear what you think of my creations. Please leave a comment or ask any questions.