23 September 2010

Lil Lolita Boutique #16 - Stitching

Wow - it is Thursday again! Wow, this week has just flown by. We have another fun challenge for you this week at the Lil Lolita Boutique - this week we are challenging you to use stitching on your cards. Real or faux, its up to you!

I use stitching all of my cards so this was going to be easy for me... so instead of just doing my regular straight stitching, I decided to shake it up a bit and cut strips of DP in varying widths and piece it together with some zig zag stitching.




Some challenges to enter are:
A Pocket full of Posies - Lavender and lace
Wild Orchid Crafts - Ribbons and Bows

Ingredients for this card are:
Stamps: '60s Willow - Tickled Pink Stamps
Papers: Wisteria 6x6 pad, Basic Grey
Embellishments: White cotton lace, ribbon, flowers, Pearls - Flourish with a Bling ( Tickled Pink Stamps), Stickles Diamond
Other: Sewing machine, Nestabilities Labels 10, Magnolia Doo Hickey Swirl die ( Tickled Pink Stamps), Cuttlebug,

15 comments:

  1. Your card is very marvellous, Kylie!
    I love the look and your colouring is great.
    Have a good day.
    Big hugs, Murielle

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just love this different sized card, well different from the normal square card we normally see...awesome stuff with all those strips sewn together too! and willow is just yummy in her nestie! Love it!!
    Hugs Leonie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooo I love the lace and ribbon and pearl buckle!! Love Willow and the swirls and flowers... heaps of inspiration here blondie - well done babe:-)
    Hugs
    Karen
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow Kylie, this is beyond gorgeous. willow looks amazing and the dp and lace is simply divine. Love this style of card. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  5. This looks fabulous Kylie, Love that stitching! I love the look of the stitching, but am too lazy to pull my massive sewing machine out just to sew a small part of my card...lol! Just Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This cards is fantastic, very chic . Love what you did with the paper.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is GORGEOUS Kylie.......I love your papers and you have coloured Willow just perfect!!
    Big hugs
    Emma
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. So beautiful card Kylie,I love the image and your papers.

    Hugs Riet.x

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love everything about this card Kylie! It all comes together perfectly...gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  10. One word...STUNNING! I love the length all the different DP's stiched together well the whole lot really. Well done you. Hugs from Bron xox

    ReplyDelete
  11. this is absolutely stunning! i love the different sized card & all that stitching!!! i'm so afraid to stitch on my cards but LOVE looking at it others. that lace & buckle just add the perfect finishing touch.

    ReplyDelete
  12. The detail in your colouring is just unbelievable and what a gorgeous combo of papers! The lace with satin ribbon looks yummy!!
    Hugs
    Annika

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is so pretty Kylie!! The papers and colors are so pretty and your details are always stunning!
    :)kathy

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is seriously too cute! I love the papers you chose to stitch together and at first glance I thought it was one sheet. :D On your other post, that Cryogen paper looks awesome - does the sparkling finish get in the way of blending? They are both really great cards!

    ReplyDelete

Hi! I'd love to hear what you think of my creations. Please leave a comment or ask any questions.